In the past year, the NAACP has registered hundreds of thousands of Americans to vote and has equipped vulnerable communities with the resources to fight back against attacks on fundamental voting rights through our nationwide campaign, This is My Vote. Visit the This Is My Vote microsite for more information or to register to vote online: www.thisismyvote.org . Or call 1-866-MyVote1 to register by phone. The function of the Political Action Committee is to:
(1) Seek to increase registration and voting
(2) Work for the enactment of municipal, state and federal legislation designed to improve the educational, political and economic status of minority groups
(3) Seek the repeal of racially discriminatory legislation
(4) Work to secure equal enforcement of the law and
(5) Keep the National office and the conference informed of all proposed legislation which affects minority groups.
The Political Action Committee shall be non-partisan and shall not endorse candidates for public office.
Teresa Haley, Chairperson