10 LESSONS LEARNED
By Ms. Maggie Poteau
1. Dont let your circumstances determine your destiny
I came to this country an immigrant, spent some time in foster care, was a teenage mom and lived on welfare.
If I can make it, so can you!
2. Believe in Yourself
a. You are destined for greatness
b. Be encouraged and be encouraging
c. Be positive and remain positive
3. Dream and Dream Big!
If you dream big and you still fall short you still will have accomplished so much.
And along the way you will learn a lot!
a. Think IT think your dream into fruition. SPEAK IT and give it life, then LIVE IT
4. Be confident not arrogant
5. Appearance Matters
a. We are judged within seconds
b. We DO NOT have a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression
6. Talk Less and Listen More. Be Respectful
7. Take Initiative and be Determined. There is value in hard work
8. DONT BE AFRAID TO TAKE SMART RISKS
9. BE HUMBLE LIVE RIGHT DO RIGHT
You know right from wrong. So know that your associations matter.
Be careful and cautious about who you hang out with, or kick it with or who you call friends.
10. Be a lifelong learner because EDUCATION is important
"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world.
Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead